The Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth.
For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the (smart) alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery.
- The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch and has an engine running detection mechanism.
The Orion Tr-Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead acid and lithium batteries.
- Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power.
- Suitable for high temperatures up to 55°C with a full rated output up to 40°C
- Bluetooth Smart enabled
- Any Bluetooth enabled smart phone, tablet or other device can be used to monitor, to change settings and to update the charger when new software features become available.
- Fully programmable:-
- Battery charge algorithm (configurable) or fixed output.
- Smart alternator compatibility: engine running detection mechanism.
- Adaptive 3-stage charge algorithm: bulk – absorption – float
- For lead acid batteries it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery.
- After a deep discharge the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
- For lithium batteries absorption time is fixed, default 2 hours.
- Alternatively, a fixed output voltage can be chosen.
- Remote on-off
- A remote on/off switch or relay contact can be connected to a two-pole connector.
- Alternatively, the H terminal (right) of the two-pole connector can be switched to battery plus, or the L terminal (left) of the two pole connector can be switched to battery minus (or the chassis of a vehicle, for example).
- All models are short circuit proof and can be paralleled to increase output current
- An unlimited number of units can be connected in parallel.
- High temperature protected
- The output current will reduce at high ambient temperature.
- IP43 protection
- When installed with the screw terminals oriented downwards.
- Screw terminals
- No special tools needed for installation.
- Input fuse (not replaceable)